Monday, September 1, 2014

The Pen

I've received numerous requests from you all asking me to share some of my own work on this blog. Hereby therefore a poem that I wrote when away on a three-week writing course at the Sarah Lawrence College. The poem has already been published in the Helix Literary Magazine and Voices De La Luna Magazine. I hope you'll like it, and certainly do leave your comments below!

The Pen

My neck
Clutched in your grasp

Ink tears
Rolling away

Your thumb
Stroking my flesh

My vein
Emptied by you

My love
Used against will

The pain
Locked up inside

Losing my strength, my blood,
In my last note ever written.

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff ! Do continue writing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the comment. It's really nice to know you appreciate the poem.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)